Thursday 7 October 2010

Miu Miu Spring 2011 RTW

Siri Tollerød

Anabela Belikova

Freja Beha Erichsen

Jac

Kendra Spears

Kinga Rajzak

Marike Le Roux

This season, Miuccia Prada has designed a collection that is bright, bold, shiny and symbolic (literally). There seemed to be a constant reference to pop cultural icons, most obviously, the star, a typically American symbol. This addition, for me, meant that I could not include a number of outfits in my picks because stars were a central feature of many skirts. This kind of pop culture referencing doesn't reflect my personal tastes, however, I can appreciate that the purpose was to draw attention to the idea of fame and celebrity. What is left is still a wonderfully vibrant and stylish collection. The above pieces all feature strong colours and a feminine style without being "in-your-face" or confronting as some can be. Also a standout are the shoes. Look carefully and the toes and heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment