Saturday 20 November 2010

Model Muse - Daul Kim - RIP 19.11.09

Prada leather coat; Meadham Kirchoff boots (worn throughout)


Preen shirt and pants.

Dries Van Noten coat; Scanlan & Theodore top; Karla Spetic knit briefs.


Triamm.Lucy.Emma handmade lace bra and briefs.


 Preen shirt and pants.

Louis Vuitton skirt; Josh Goot tank


Christopher Kane for Johnstons Cashmere cardigan and skirt.


Top from The Vintage Clothing Shop; Richard Nicoll skirt from Land's End.

Yesterday, Friday 19th November, marked the one year anniversary of South Korean model, Daul Kim's death. I thought it would be fitting for me to commemorate her life and work by choosing Daul to be the first model featured in my 'Model Muse' posts. When I first saw this editorial in RUSSH Magazine (Nov-Dec '09 Australia) I was taken in by Daul's honesty and aura, I was inspired by her work and also the creative styling by Stevie Dance and photography by Beau Grealy. Note that Daul wears the famous Meadham Kirchoff blue boots (which weren't available to buy because they were too expensive to make!). There are more photos in this editorial which are equally as worthy of publishing but I only have the hardcopy of the magazine and no scanner, so I'll upload some rough photos of the others shots later.
Let us remember the work of this talented and kind-hearted person, Daul Kim. May she rest in peace.

Additional photos taken of the hardcopy magazine (using my camera):

Triann.Lucy.Emma handmade lace bra and briefs.

Arnsdorf shirt; Marni pants.

Louis Vuitton skirt; Josh Goot tank.

Louis Vuitton jacket.

Christopher Kane cashmere cardigan and dress.

Christopher Kane cashmere cardigan and dress.

Prada knitted briefs; blouse from The Vintage Clothing Shop.

Preen shirt and pants.
NOTE: This photograph was digitally altered to make it darker and more contrasted, as my original photo didn't do the picture justice.



No comments:

Post a Comment