Saturday 5 February 2011

Jean Paul Gaultier Spring Couture 2011

Frida Gustavsson

Jac

Julia Saner

Julia Saner, detail

Kate Somers

Olga Sherer

Jean Paul Gaultier is a legend of fashion and there should be no question why. Besides his friendly and sparkling personality, his work continues to push the bounds of fashion in design innovation and aesthetics in his own French style. This collection is not be as "edgy" as others, but I see this as a positive characteristic, as it shows Gaultier is not being edgy for the sake of it, but is putting his own spin on it. I just love the above skirt that Olga Sherer wears, it is made of fine, matte sequins that give it the appearance of a beautiful liquid slowly dripping. I think the rest of the collection speaks volumes and I'm sure you don't need me to point anything more out. 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for catching me up on runways shows from your blog!! love it!
    xoxo

    http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
    http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying it! x

    ReplyDelete