Thursday 17 February 2011

Rodarte Fall 2011 RTW

Kirsi Pyrhonen

Aline Zanella

Fei Fei Sun

Julia Saner

Kristina Romanova

Liu Wen

Maddie Kulicka

I was a little disappointed with Rodarte this season because I've come to expect so much from them with their textural layers, slightly metallic fabrics and unique tonal combinations. Yes, the pieces above are beautifully designed and made, and they should be proud of that. I love their focus on geometry, symmetry and modesty in this collection. The only thing I do wish is that there were more pieces in the collection that pushed those themes further. Some appeared to fail due to the colours or prints chosen - hence they simply just clashed with the look of the triangular chest and waist cuts. But I think it is important to recognise the good work that they have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment